Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Film: An R/C Dream

Well I am currently unemployed. Wipeout season 3 finally finished and I am currently looking for bigger and better projects but in the mean time I have alot of time to myself. I keep myself busy working on side projects for friends back home and doing house work for the wife.. She is fantastic.

Anyways, just the other day when I attended Philip Bloom's fantastic Canon Masterclass I was blown away by the quickness of his short films. Basically when he gets some new equipment, camera or lens he just walks outside--wherever he might be in the world--and starts filming. He films for just a few hours and then edits whatever he shot. As I sat there astonished by his works I thought to myself why can't I do that and then I made the excuse: because i don't have that new Canon wonder camera...whats the point.

Now fastforward to the next day at our huge oscar party... I was talking with one of my fellow LAFSC alums and he asked me if I have done any films lately. I quietly laughed and told him that I haven't had time and nothing has come up. He then went on this rant telling me that I should be doing more films because, apparently, he really enjoyed mine from class two years ago! Then it hit me... Why can't I do small little films? I already have great equipment and nothing else is holding me back right now, so why not.

I then decided that I will try my hardest to make one film a day! Many might stink but a few might turn into something special and this is what I did today. Within about 8 hours I wrote, shot and edited this little film.

So without further adieu, here is An R/C Dream:

post signature

No comments: