Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Squids and Squid Ink

Most days on the set of Wipeout consist of me filling the tanks with water, making sure coolers are stocked as well as having the bathrooms stoked and good to go. I take care of the many boom lifts on campus as well as all the PAs and Laborers. I keep bust taking care of the ranch and making sure that shoot days run smoothley as possible. I often work with the assistant director to be as proactive as I can. Today was a little different though.

I can't say much but I can at least tell you that I had to have one of my PAs take a box of forty frozen squid and defrost them in a trash can filled with water. Once they thawed he stuffed a matchbox sized piece of foam inside each squid to add some much needed boyancy.
Making a long story short: we ended up throwing these squid at contestants and drenching them in barrels of corn syrup mixed with squid ink. It was a very messy and smelly day. Some days on the job are just more interesting then others.

Best part of the day: Eating in-n-out with the wife and the pup on the couch watching Chuck!

No comments: