Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowcapped Mountains

It's sometimes hard to believe that we live in southern California because as I sit here in the Costco gas line I am surrounded by snowcapped mountains. The very same mountains that enclose the famous San Fernando valley.

Yesterday on the set of wipeout we encountered another verrainy storm. When the storm ended and the clouds faded away I looked up and noticed that even the tall hills around us had patches of snow.

All this talk of snow really makes me want to hit the slopes. The last time I went skiing I was with my inlaws but Katie an I weren't even engaged yet. I was so excited because this was katie's first time and I had dreams of us crisscrossing the slopes together but life went in a different direction as it so often does. Katie, in fact, had a horrible time in ski school and developed a high fever which pretty much ruined the fun for her. We often talk about trying skiing again but now we just need to find the time.

Life is good.


No comments: