Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Handy Matty

Having a husband who is not afraid of power tools is pretty awesome. I love being able to point at something and say, "Can you make that?" and the answer is yes. And come to think of it, he actually doesn't even own many power tools and he still gets the job done.
I added the link on my sidebar for Knock Off Wood, because I find myself visiting her site each day. I'm already starting to look around our apartment and think about future projects. Below is the bed we're currently building-- NOT our bed, but an example picture from the website. We're also painting ours white and "antiquing" it, though we're planning on making ours more of an ivory than stark white. We'll see. That's the part I'm most nervous about. (If you click on the pic, it will take you to the plans we're using.)
(NOT our bed.... just an example of what ours will hopefully look like...)
I'm going to do some test painting on some leftover pieces of wood before we do the real thing. So... any painting advice anyone?
post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra said...

Katie...go here for how to achieve a great antique look..good luck..

http://www.theletteredcottage.net/2010/02/dining-room-table-transformation-part.html

this the link to part one...
http://www.theletteredcottage.net/2010/02/my-table-transformation-part-one.html

I'm excited about knockoffwood. I just found the site. We have never built anything but I'm going to try and do the simple day bed for our screen porch.

debra