Monday, April 5, 2010

Film: Farmhouse Bed Version1

Well... I haven't posted any videos lately because I have been very busy with trying to sell alot of our stuff on craigslist including my beloved camera. It is a great piece of equipment but getting old and heavy. There are many newer and cheaper cameras that do so much more then this camera could ever do.
Also, Katie and I have decided to build a bed. We have been looking off and on on craigslist for the past year with no great success so we decided to build our own. Katie follows another blog called knockoffwood.blogspot.com and we are using Ana's plans from her website to build a potterybarn look alike bed. We still have alot to do to finish the bed but you can watch this timelapse video of us building the headboard and a portion of the footboard.
enjoy.


post signature

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Looking GREAT!

Mrs. Wright said...

That was so cool! If only it did take a minute, lol!

tricia said...

It's beautiful!! How long did it really take?

Missy said...

I love this video! Popped over from Knockoff. What do you do in Production? My husband works as a director. Nice to meet someone in the business.

Anonymous said...

Like Missy, I came over via KOW. I love your video. I can't wait to build one of those myself! Nice job!

Cindy said...

Also popped in from Knock-Off Wood. What a fun video. I didn't notice you two arguing with each other during the process. LOL My hubbie and I are best friends, but I imagine a sigh or an an eyeroll or two in the process. LOL

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. Good-bye 30 minute HGTV shows...and HELLO one minute Farmhouse beds!!! Yay! More reason to arm wrestle my husband into helping me get wood cut!

I came over from KOW. Just wanted to say that I love your video! Looking forward to seeing the end result. :)

Unknown said...

I was so happy to see on Ana's site the plans for the king size Farmhouse bed a couple of weeks ago. My husband wasn't so thrilled about the idea but I showed him your video this morning and told him "it will only take a minute - see!" lol.

Suzanne Sergis said...

Hello, I'm here from a link on the KOW Bragging Board. This was fun to watch. Thanks for putting it together.

We are in the middle of making our own CalKing Farmhouse Bed. Of course, when I say we, I mean that I stand there and hold stuff. Although using the palm sander with the high grit paper is very relaxing, almost meditational. Congrats to you on a project done by the both of you.

katie and matt said...

Hey Missy

Sorryfortaking so long to comment back. I worked as a field coordinator for ABC's Wipeout! It's a very fun and crazy show to work on. I currently work for a movie production company in Santa Monica, The Kennedy/Marshall Company.

My wife and I love our bed and get compliments on it all the time.

If you liked the video you should check out some of my latest films from the past couple of months. They are all posted on this blog.

Cheers.

-Matt