Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday, indeed.

Half day at work today. 3.5 hours until I get to go home to my favorite boys. We get to wear jeans and sandals on half-days which makes me soo happy!
We are dog-sitting this weekend for a family with a pool. It's way too cold to swim, but warm enough to layout. I could fit in very nicely with the cast of Twilight right now, so if you need me around noon tomorrow, you know where to find me.
I've got some major sinus-aches right now, so I stopped by my favorite S*bux this morning on my way in for my usual- non-fat, no-whip, Cafe Mocha. Mmmm. But they had some samples out of their new dark cherry mocha frappuchinos. I. AM. IN. LOVE.
On Sunday we're having our 3rd annual Easter lunch, 2nd annual Easter picnic. Our first Easter Sunday in LA, we had a bunch of Matt's LAFSC classmates over for lunch after church. I attempted to bake my first ham, then sent Matt to the store upon coming home from church to find a burned ham in our oven. Then last year we invited everyone to an Easter picnic after church, where I did NOT attempt to bake a ham. But... I think this is the year. We're having another Easter picnic, I am going to successfully bake a ham. And it will be delicious. Amen.
As most of you know, I have a house-husband right now. It doesn't pay very well, but the benefits (for me) are pretty great. Last night I came home to a home-cooked meal, a clean kitchen, folded laundry and some cash due to Craigslist sales. Sometimes I leave him with a list of things to do and he never complains. He's my favorite.
Tomorrow is tax-day in the Maxwell house. A day I have been dreading. Last year we handed over about $500. I started using Turbo Tax yesterday and when the amount we owed reached $2,700, I decided to stop and call H&R Block. It really makes no sense to us, because we both claim only 1 deduction on our forms. And most of our friends get back at least $1k each year. So we're just gathering up everything and headed to HRB tomorrow. I might take a barf bag with me.
Happy Easter weekend to everyone. Wishing we were home with family... but grateful that God has been so gracious in providing us with family here in LA with whom we can proclaim and celebrate, "He is risen. He is risen, indeed."
post signature

No comments: