Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Bed... update


Well the Farmhouse Bed is almost built. I have a few more screws to add and lots more sanding but she is lookin' good. As I work on the bed I can't help but think of all the times I helped my dad work on carpentry projects... Well I was probably more of a problem then a help but dad never made me feel that way.
I kinda had a "i'm turning into my dad" moment as I was sanding on the headboard in our garage. I had brought Barkley with me just to keep me company but he kept wanting to peek out of this little hold in the dry wall to see the ally but the
hole was covered in cobb webs. Thinking that there might be poisonous bugs I told him no! He stepped back a few feet, sat and looked up at me as if he was saying, "please dad." I again told him no. He reluctantly accepted. I realized that sometimes we know whats best even if they do not. :)
Anyways... as I was working I kept thinking upon my past of my dad the carpenter and my Grandpa the carpenter.

As I think upon my childhood with them I can always remember the smell of sawdust and their workshops. Grandpa's was a shed like shop in his backyard and Dad's was a concrete floored area behind his office at ACU.
The bed is coming together. I think Katie and I are going to finish the building part of it tonight and then start painting tomorrow night. We're kinda hoping to have it finished by Saturday because we have some of our friends from homegroup coming over and we want to show it off... hopefully it'll look good.





post signature

2 comments:

Jill said...

WOW!!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Cant wait to see the finished product! I can see more projects in Matt's future! :)
~Carrie Catt