Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The New Apple TV - A Disappointment


I wanted apps! Where are my apps?

To me, apps would totally revitalize the Apple TV and make it a truly have-to-have ipad/iphone/itouch accessory!

Developers could create simplistic/addictive games for the Apple TV utilizing the included remote and also create more intensive games utilizing the ipad/iphone as a remote. I'm just so confused why they wouldn't create an iOS enviroment for this product.

I'm so confused, disappointed, and upset.

I've been waiting for something great exactly from this product and was let down again. The only thing that has REALLY changed is the addition of Netflix.

Also, can i expect to see an update for my current Apple TV? Do I get Netflix?

Lastly,  the airplay thing is cool but still doesn't make up for the lack of apps.

Lastly Lastly, I hope people can hack the heck out of this and really push the A4 chip to its limits! Lets see some jailbreaking action for the new Apple TV!!

post signature


2 comments:

Vladimir Penev said...

Hello Matt,
I just wanted to reply on your post on Watch Review Blog:
Matt on September 1st, 2010 4:54 pm
The text on the back of your Russian watch:
BOEHHO
BO3AYWHAR
PA3BEAKA
means Air Force Inteligence.
Best Regards,
Vladimir

"Better Than I Deserve" said...

So I was going to say that I love your living simply concept. Patrick would do this in a heartbeat...it would take some convincing for me, BUT I could be convinced :) also, lastly lastly totally cracked me up when I was reading this. Finally, I hope you are friends with the guy who posted above me...ummm, weird... Love yall!

~Chels