Monday, September 13, 2010

A Look into the Future

I am in love with all things technological.
My mother tells stories of me as a baby sleeping not with a teddy bear but with the families hair dryer. I loved taking things apart and figure out how stuff works and have a box somewhere at my parents house filled with broken speakers... walkmen.. cd players... and other mechanical things all in a state of disarray.
I also have a serious problem hoarding wires and cables. Katie knows this all too well. I just can't throw away old speaker cables, usb cords, or my plethora of fire wire cables because I have this fear of one day needing them and the knowledge that I once had the item of need but threw it away is just too hard to bear.


All this to say... I love technology and when people write or create pictures of the future and how we might one day live and interact with technology just makes me giddy! I love movies and books that deal with a possible look into our a future.


Here are a couple of videos that give you a peek of what the future might hold.
One is from Apple in the 80s, one is from a new company, and the last is a video I made for my University depicting a possible future for the iPhone and educational integration. We developed this film knowing nothing of a future "app store" nor "face-time."


Enjoy.

 


ACU's Connected

Part I

Part II





post signature

No comments: