Tuesday, January 18, 2011

weekend realities

A 3-day weekend is a glorious thing. Sundays always go too fast - between teaching, service, lunch, a nap... suddenly it's Sunday evening and it feels like nothing was accomplished. So this weekend, we were work-horses and accomplished so much and it feels great!

We did lots of things around the house:
- cleaned out drawers
- vacuumed out my closer... I could have made a small pillow with the amount of dust and hair that was buried back there
- hung my new spice racks and reorganized a kitchen cabinet

- Matt organized his new tools/tool bags
- bought our fancy new vaccum and cleaned our floors

- cleaned up our back porch

We still have more things to organize and clean-out before we can pronouce ourselves "done!", but I'm proud of what we've done so far. As for the rest of the weekend...

- date night at Chi-Dynasty
- Matt, Barkley and I all got hair cuts
- I DID visit Sweet Butter Kitchen and enjoyed a cinammon scone (latte next time)
- watched and cheered during Golden Globes
- we watched The Kids Are Alright, The Social Network, and Despicable Me... I recommend them all!
- found a new recipe for delicious margaritas
- taught our favorite 3-4 yr olds in our Bible class
- did NOT start the apothocary cabinet... but we'll get there soon

Next weekend: no plans yet ... and that's how I like it :)

post signature

No comments: