Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas 2010 review

One of the BEST things about working in Hollywood is that most offices shut down for two weeks during the holidays.  So Matt and I both had two weeks off of work, and we spent each minute of those two weeks either in Texas or traveling to and from.  And during our two weeks, we truly get to recharge and renew, and it gets us through the next 12 months until we get to have that time again.

This will mainly be a picture-post, so here we go...

Before we left for Texas, Matt and I had our little Christmas evening together.  Matt hugely surprised me by giving me something I had mentioned a few months ago, but hadn't even thought about since.... a sewing machine!  A couple of weeks later, my parents gave me a gift certificate to Sew LA, and I'll be taking some beginning sewing classes starting at the end of January!  Matt isn't in this picture, but his gift is... it's the antique TV from 1949 behind me.

After 18 hrs on the road, this was a welcome sight... besides the fact that no one in LA decorates their houses for the holidays!


The pups had a fabulous time.  They lounged at my parents house and wrestled with their cousins at the Maxwells' house.


I spent the first week feeling pretty crummy. But if you have to be sick, the best place to be is on mom's couch with your pup!

Christmas Eve - Tangled with Maxwells & Riggs

Christmas morning at the Riggs:

  

Later on Christmas Day, we drove to Dallas for a few days...
Cousin Beth:  :Mimi

Cousin Pic                                   Will & Papaw

Annual trip to Northpark to see the Christmas decorations... oh yeah, and lots of shopping!

  
Loved getting to see Evan!  This is Matt's cousin-once-removed... I think.

My amazing Adobe Pie from Blue Mesa.

Back in Abilene...

Took some family pictures...

(love this one! despite our weird arms)

Ate some Perini's...


And that's the end of the pictures!  We actually did a WHOLE lot more than what is shown here.  We spent several days with the Maxwells, but apparently didn't take many pictures.  Matt did make a sweet video of their home all decorated for Christmas, so hopefully he'll post that on here soon.
post signature

4 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Wow, Beth has really grown!

The Strahan Family said...

I got a sewing machine for Christmas too! I need to take some lessons too! When are you taking yours? It would be fun to do it together! I am a little intimidated about starting!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the sewing lessons! :)

Sarah said...

Seeing all of these pictures makes me miss your family so much. I am finally getting caught up on a few blogs I haven't read in a while. Thanks for the christmas card!